Saturday, October 25, 2008

IE8 Beta 2

I'm writing this blog from my IE8 beta 2 browser that I installed today. Some self-proclaimed unbiased blog sites reported that it brought a good set of goodies along, and I had no reasons to doubt them. The installation itself was a breeze (meaning only one restart). The goodies I am looking forward to using are the "Accelerators", just a new bottle for the old wine "addons" that can be found under http://ieaddons.com/.
In the past, these addons were almost 3rd party domain and I would never have a good feeling in the stomach about them. So when MS said "hey come and get these addons from us", I ran with my cup for the free drinks.

So far, i.e., a few page surfs and streaming live TV minutes later, so good. But I've done no real surfing of the kinds I do normally (read: 25+ tabs open simultaneously).

This multi-page stress test, I've seen Google Chrome Beta pass, which is the subject of my next post..

No comments: